Friday, May 22, 2009

Two Field Trips in one week and a sick baby

Well this week we were fortunate enough to take two field trips. I organized the first field trip along with two other fourth grade teachers and it was great. Our school has recently bought into the service learning style of teaching and I have to say it is absolutely amazing how much the kids learn this way. So we learned about how many people are hunger just in the Houston Area alone and then we held a food drive at our school. We must say that it was the BEST food drive ever. Then to finish it up we had the students take the food to the food bank and then donate their time helping. Our fifth graders worked for 2 1/2 hours on the conveyor belt cleaning, sorting, packing and weighing the food. It was amazing.
The next day we went to go old SHSU. Last year we visited A&M, but I have to say this trip was so much better. The kids actually left saying I am going to go to school here one day.

Now chandler has a fever and is not very lively today so I gotta run. :(

No comments: